Can you believe it! We finally dusted off the bikes and actually used them for the first time in years:) Luckily both bikes were in working condition, meaning at least the tires held air, since my bike didn't even have front brakes! I was so excited to finally use our Duo trailer that I didn't care, as long as the bikes could pedal. As always, it takes longer to get the bikes ready and loaded than you even spend riding them. By the time we were all ready to ride it was the heat of the day, right before lunch and nap time.
We took the bikes to a park, no way were we riding them there. Our neighborhood is nothing but hills so we had to find some flat land. Since Kendall has the nicer bike, with both brakes working, he got to pull the kiddos. The trails were great and shaded; however, Preston and Ashlyn were not exactly enjoying themselves. Preston kept falling over and leaning on Ashlyn, so of course they would both start complaining about it. It was hot, even with the wind in our face. Poor little Ashlyn who has been known to get motion sickness, seemed to think the ride was a little too much for her stomach.
Afterwards we packed up and enjoyed a much deserved meal at Taco Bell, we had to get back all those calories we burned up bike riding:)
At lunch Ashlyn said, "That was fun!", I asked her if she wanted to go again and she immediately responded, "No, it hurts my tummy." Now that we're a bike riding family we'll have to start dosing her up with Dramamine before the ride! Doesn't Ashlyn look like she is having the time of her life:)

2 comments:
Yay for getting out in the hot and humid outdoors!!! I lurves the picture of kiddos...indeed, Ashlyn looks like she's THRILLED to be there. But I love that you've got them all snacked and sippied up. Way to go!!! :)
Now that is funny! We need to get one of those...well, i guess I should get a bike first but...it looks like fun!
Post a Comment