CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Vacations Continue...To the Beach!

BEACH BABIES!!
Only one day left to stay in our beachfront condo, so we had to live up life on the beach. Ashlyn hit the beach the very first day we arrived, Preston preferred a nap, so this is her second experience and as you'll see she has become a regular beach bum. She is past the initial shock and ready to try it all! Preston's only beach thus far has been the wedding, only so much you can do in the sand and the waves while dressed in your best! Now the swim suits are on and they are both ready to explore this wonderful world of sand and waves!

As you can see Preston is loving all this sand! He is still not too sure about the ocean and those pesky waves that keep coming after him. Note the middle pic of me bringing Preston back from the ocean compared to the pic of him on the right of the happiest boy you've ever seen, on the sand! Preston's favorite thing to do on the beach is chase the birds when they dare to stick around too long. Ashlyn has truly made herself "at home" in her lounge chair. It was so great renting this condo, they provided all kinds of beach gear. Thanks to a very thoughtful Keith and Carla, the kids arrived to boxes of sand toys!
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture because you would have to see it to believe it, Ashlyn let us bury her in the sand! Those of you who know Ashlyn may know that she is very tactile sensitive, she can't stand when her clothes rub her wrong and her socks have to be postioned just perfect every morning. When she agreed I couldn't believe it, I had to make sure she realized that I was about to cover her entire body in sand. Kendall videotaped the event, hence, no photos. I would even have trouble holding still with all that sand on my body, but she did it, made it almost to the very end. I knew I had to work fast, no telling when she would realize what was really happening, then at the very end she turned her head and got a face full of sand. Ashlyn was practically covered by then, but trying to get it out of her face was more then she could stand. We were all very proud of her!

It was so much fun playing around, watching the kids enjoy themselves. Grandma and Grandpa Walker watched from the condo for a while, then had to come down and get their feet in the sand. Ashlyn really enjoyed the sand also, never quite sure what she was working on, just transporting the sand back and forth I guess. We attempted to make a sandcastle, with Ashlyn and Preston as my water getters, the activity died soon. They would much rather play in the sand then run buckets of water back and forth from the ocean to mommy! I love the picture, bottom right, Preston once again running from those pesky waves. If you could only see his face, I guess he just kept going into the ocean hoping to get past the waves.





2 comments:

Nick Bell

I had no idea you had posted because it said you hadn't posted in 4 months so I didn't check it. I guess that is because of the post dating option. Love all the beach pictures...too bad we all can't get to Florida together on those great ticket deals!! :(

Nick Bell

Oh...and that comment was from me...Colton...NOT Nick! Not sure why it put Nick's name!