CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Two Years and Counting!

Happy 2nd  Birthday Preston!
March 21, 2010
 I like to "try" and make a birthday cake for every birthday.  This year is a fire truck for Preston!  As you can see I'm no cake decorator, but I like to think I'm at least improving each year with every child's birthday:)  I enjoy decorating them and its become an easy milestone for remembering each birthday by the cake they had.  I must confess I've didn't make his first birthday cake, it was store bought because there were more people to feed at the first birthday party, and the bakery made a separate cake just for Preston to tear into last year.
 Showing off his presents, the second birthday is even more fun then the first because they get whats going on and that getting presents and cake is a very good thing.  As you can see Preston has two lovely assistants in the background, whether he likes it or not, to make sure he opens every present as quickly as possible!
 At this age its not about the number of presents you get, just getting to actually open and play with them.  Preston would have preferred to just sit and play with something, but we can't stop to play when there are more presents waiting to open.
 This year Preston got his first bike, one that mommy is equally excited about!  Not only can I push him with the bar in the back, but I can also use it to steer!  A minor detail that makes a difference for a little boy that's never rode a bike before.
 The big surprise was waiting up in his room, and it was a big deal trying to put it together in his room and keep it a surprise.  A new train table, and trains!  He started with the Geo Trax trains at Christmas, for his birthday he got another train, more tracks, including a tunnel and bridge which makes train time more fun.  I'm sure this is only the beginning of an endless cycle of adding trains, tracks, etc. until there is not even room in his room to build it all.
I LOVE this picture, he is obviously enjoying his cake and ice cream too!  No time to smile for a picture either, you get what you get and you don't interrupt the birthday boy enjoying his food!
We're so very blessed to have this special boy in our family, he is truly a sweet spirit with a tender heart.  Preston is always snuggling and loving on his, he loves to tell us many times a day that he loves us.  I hope he never grows out of this ability to show and express love so well.  He is also a true blue boy and loves to wrestle, climb, destroy things and get dirty.  When you think about what typical boy can be caught doing, that is what Preston is up to.  He has no fear, which keeps me on my toes, I've learned to never let go of his hand if out in public.  Preston loves trucks and cars, especially construction vehicles, we know them all.  If you don't know the difference between an excavator and cherry picker, just ask him!
We love you so much Preston, thank you for making our family so sweet!

0 comments: