So the band-aid saga continues as Ashlyn continues to bang herself up at every turn. As some of you know she tends to be on the clumsy side; however, her latest bloody episodes are all due to the dog. If you have ever met our sweet dog Henna, she has no ill intentions just very skittish. Anyway, at the beginning of the week we were outside planting flowers so Henna was on her chain which Ashlyn got tangled up in and biffed it on the sidewalk. I have to admit it was a nasty, bloody scrape, but she acted as if she had lost a limb. Of course, when I even mentioned a band aid for her wound she really freaked out. Just because I mentioned a band aid she wouldn't let me near her for a few mintues, and I didn't even have a band aid with me, just simply suggested she get one!
Preston went to the doctor last week for his shots and she got upset because he had band aids on his legs. I tried giving her one just for fun and to help desensitize her band aid issues, she started crying and wouldn't even look at it. I put it on my hand to show her how "fun" and painless they are and by the time she went to bed that night she was willing to touch it.
Just yesterday she was outside helping dad in the yard when Henna got scared and bolted, unfortunately Ashlyn was right behind her and got whacked in the face with the dog's face. All I know is that Kendall called, I was on my way to an appointment with Preston, and said I needed to turn around and come home Ashlyn had an accident and blood was everywhere, at this point he had not surveyed the damage. Obviously , I got worried about my poor baby, and more blood....Turns out her lip was busted but she managed to keep all her teeth, once again blood all over her clothes, this girl can really bleed. Our sweet little girl looks pretty sad now with her big fat lip, luckily you can put a band aid on something like that or we would have really been in trouble!
Beginning...again?
8 years ago

4 comments:
Poor little Ashlyn. It sounds like she needs to live in a rubber room. She's adorable even if she's a bit on the clumsy side. Maybe by 22 years old, she won't be afraid of band-aids. It's hilarious how much they freak her out....and her dad's a doctor! Miss you guys.
I love your family picture!
I love the picture, too!!!!
Your kids are Ashlyn sounds like a funny little girl. Preston is adorable. How old is he? It's fun to see your blog.
Post a Comment