I really thought it would be Preston because he knows no fear, but no it was Garrett who gave us our first trip to the Emergency room. I was proud of my record, three kids and no broken bones or blood, because I don't handle either calmly. This sweet little boy pictured above decided it was about time someone pay a visit to the ER, and I do mean "pay"!
Of course, it was while we were out of town, visiting my Mom in Springfield. Because I'm sure if we had been home I could have talked Kendall into saving a hundred bucks and stitching it up himself. We were all getting ready to spend a fun filled day at Silver Dollar City, when Garrett dropped a glass candle jar on the tile floor. Not surprisingly it shattered, but then Garrett fell forward on it, catching himself with his hands, right on the glass. Surprisingly there was little blood, but I was first on the scene and when I saw the cut on his "4th digit" I knew it was bad. Calmly, screaming for Kendall he confirmed the inevitable, its got to have stitches!
If I had to choose which child I'd like to visit the ER with, it would definitely be Garrett! He was very calm about the entire incident, hardly cried, cooperated perfectly and recovered without complaint. The ER staff was equally impressed at how well he let them mess with his finger. Garrett ended up getting 4 stitches on the front of his middle finger. After 2 hours in the ER, even though we were the only ones there, we picked up the others and continued our fun day at Silver Dollar City with only minor delays.

0 comments:
Post a Comment