Ashlyn had a chance to try out her skills as a gymnasts at Edge Gymnasts this week when we went to their open gym. We met her friend Anna and they practically had the whole gym to themselves to run around and play on. There was one of those huge blow up bounce houses, not one of her favorites, she lasted all of five minutes inside and only after Michelle squeezed in through the kiddy door to go with her. Michelle's favorite was the huge blown up slide, I had to keep talking Ashlyn in to going on it so I could ride :) The most difficult part was climbing up the backside, I don't know how they can call those things steps, because we had to practically "rock climb" our way up them. Once we survived that Ashlyn was all about the slide!
As you can see she is a pro on the rings...don't be fooled she was just tall enough to stand up and hold herself up! You can see the pride on her face:), that is her friend Anna in the background looking very impressed with Ashlyn's skills! There were all kinds of different trampolines to jump and run on; however, Ashlyn seemed to find herself enjoying the mat on the floor the best! WE worked up quite a sweat running around and around trying out everything, I had no idea it was going to be such a workout for me, I was hoping to just turn her loose and sit back and watch.
Michelle finally got to jump in one of those huge pits of foam, a dream she has always had, but it turned out to be more work than she had bargained for just to get out!

3 comments:
you definatley have gone above and beyond the mommy duties today!! What a fun mommy!
Yes, I think the are vaccuum systems at the bottom of the foam block pits sucking you back down with every inch you move. Rather difficult to escape, but still fun!
This looks like a blast! We need one of those gyms here. Or if we already have one, somebody needs to tell me about it.
Post a Comment