CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town....

Christmas 2008

Ashlyn is so excited for Christmas! Seeing it through a child's eyes makes me excited again. We've been counting down the days until Santa Claus comes, she can hardly wait. Since she really doesn't have a concept of time, it must seem like an eternity to her, we just keep saying he is coming....
The other night after she went to bed I wrapped a few small gifts to take to a Christmas party. Although I meant to put them away so no one else opened them, I forgot and left them laying on the living room floor. The next morning when Ashlyn woke up she came running into my room with her eyes big with excitement, "Mommy, did Santa Claus come?" It took me a little while to realize what she was referring to, since it is still days until the big guy makes his visit, then I realized it was those four little presents sitting randomly on the floor. Ashlyn was so cute, and convinced he had made his long awaited visit. I think I'm more excited for Christmas to finally arrive, so we can all enjoy Ashlyn's enthusiasm!


3 comments:

John n Shannon

That's a mean cruel joke to play on cute little Ashlyn. I love watching her get excited about stuff. Her eyes get huge just watching paint dry. All the sudden I realize how exciting it is just by watching her. I'm anxious for her to see what Uncle John and Aunt Shannon got her this Friday. Drive fast but safe so we can see everyone sooner!!

Shannon

Poor girl but good too, Maddie would have opened them and I know that because she did open one under the tree the other day! And attempted a 2nd but I caught her in time! The holiday season is the best, especially with kids.

Miss L

Look how cute your blog is! Love the picture of Ashlyn and Preston. And my girls can hardly wait, either. :) Happy Holidays!!!