CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No eggs in this basket....

I decided to be a "good" mom and make cookies with my sweet little Ashlyn. Well, once you have verbalized that cookies will be made there is no turning back....so we get all the ingredients ready and realize we don't have any eggs. Our first option was to simply wait for Daddy to come home and bring some eggs with him. It just seems too long to have to wait, there has got to be another way... Now she is all excited and ready to go and we can't make cookies, so I think that surely there has to be a cookie that doesn't require eggs... We switch from oatmeal and attempt to make some Snickerdoodles, thinking that I didn't see any eggs listed in the ingredients. Now I've actually started mixing stuff together when I realize there is still one egg required to make the Snickerdoodle.
Ashlyn already knows that the eggs stands between her and this very exciting cookie event. I very dramatically expressed my concern when I realized that we still hit the egg roadblock. Ashlyn in her sweet comforting way, pats me on the shoulder looks me very seriously in the eyes and says, "Mommy, its okay Daddy will bring some eggs home." I must have looked very distraught:)
Needless to say as soon as Daddy walked in the door, she throws her hands in the air and requests the eggs immediately.

6 comments:

Unknown

That's why we get premade dough and just have it sitting in the fridge waiting for a "let's make cookies" moment. Glad to see all is going well for you. Check out our blog for some funny stuff with two boys.

Sheri

Bah! I commented, but I think it got lost in cyberspace when I hit publish. Stink.

Well, as I was saying, I love it when babies offer comfort to their mommies. Ashlyn is precious.

Colton Anne

Finally a new post!! :) Just kidding...I'm not any better! But once kids their mind on something, they don't forget it right!?! Cora is going nuts looking at your blog seeing pics of "Ash" and "Stestn" :)

Amy F. P.

Ashlyn is so cute.

Someone gave me this recipe. No eggs needed. It's great because then you can eat all the cookie dough you want.

Aggression Cookies
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Pile all the ingredients into a large bowl. Use your hands to squeeze, smash, and beat. The more aggression you take out on the dough the better the cookies. Shape into round balls the size of a walnut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees.

Lisa R

I wish I was your neighbor so I could have let you borrow an egg and then I would also request a cookie for my good deed! Ashlyn is adorable!

Shannon

I hate it when that happens. She is so sweet and funny. Sounds like fun!