(SIDE NOTE) You may think I've been slacking because you haven't seen a blog post recently; however, I am blogging as faithfully as ever, even more diligent then last year! I finally published my first blog book, its a great journal of everything that happened in 2008! Now I can't wait to publish another one for 2009, which means first I have to catch up, still blogging about Halloween. I also have to post date all my entries so that they are in order for my next Blog book. I don't think it will notify anyone when I postdate, so it looks like I haven't done a thing! Don't you worry, just make a habit of checking our blog and you'll see the excitement unfold:) Now I'll know who our beloved Blog followers are...
We have finally achieved one of the great rites of passage for childhood of building a Fort in the living room out of blankets and chairs! At first I think Ashlyn and Preston thought I had lost my mind, they had never heard of such a thing; however, they were more than excited when our Fort started to take shape. Building forts or whatever we could from blankets and chairs is one of my fondest childhood memories, although I think my mom always made us build them ourselves. That is probably where I learned all my architecture skills, it takes some skills to get all those blankets and chairs to remain standing long enough to play inside them!
Thanks to those skills gained as a child, years of experience, and just enough chairs and blankets, we created a quite impressive structure! Luckily this fort was built to last since Ashlyn and Preston aren't exactly gentle in their play. Of course the problem with building a fort is that I have to actually be able to get inside it, tight squeeze! That was probably their favorite part, when I climbed right inside with them. They may be too young to remember their first fort; however, now we can officially say they have entered childhood:) The looks on those faces makes it all worth it, how cute!!

9 comments:
We made ours with couch cushions. And usually just watched tv in there. My mom's cousin made a really cool card-table cover that looked like a cabin. We had a lot of fun playing in that over the years. You're right, though, childhood has now begun!
Awe you are such a fun mom....pregnant and all! We were going to initiate Addison to the world of forts the other day but for some reason never got around to it. We still have time though. Can't wait to see you guys soon! Addison misses her buddy Ashlyn.
you're right, I thought you were a blog slacker!!! good job backfilling!
You left out the picture of you in the fort with them!
FABULOUS fort! I love ALL the pictures-I liked doing a scroll back and catching up on your fun life of 2009! The pictures really are amazing! Preston has gotten so big and looks so OLD! Crazy how time flies and how big they get so fast!
A new post!! It looks like fun!
I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! Hope everything is going great for you in these last few weeks! :)
thanks for our new afternoon activity idea. bransen will enjoy something other than the regular play with trains activity. congrats on baby three!
cute blog!!!
Post a Comment