Ashlyn's First Swim Lessons
Liberty Community Center
Does this look like the face of someone who is enjoying their swim? Needless to say our first swim class was pretty stressful for both of us. The only saving grace was that Ashlyn's best friend Anna was in her class; however, Anna was equally terrified as Ashlyn! These lessons were twice a week for three weeks in the indoor "kiddie" pool of our community center. Since this was a beginner class, parents had to get in and participate, or in other words force their children to swim!
I laugh when I see the expression on both of our faces, I am just as miserable as Ashlyn is! The reason being that I had to literally fight, threaten and/or bribe her to do what the teacher taught us. The fact that she is laying back on the kickboard with this much of her body in the water is a small miracle. Probably because it was our next to the last lesson and this is all the progress we've made. We were both pretty irritated with each other at the end of every class.
Gotta love that face, she is absolutely terrified to be laying back in the water with only me to hold her up. I am very proud of her though, because even with all the fighting and fussing about do each skill, she would eventually do it, as seen above! Amazing:)
The culminating event, after weeks of training, we're finally able to jump into the water! I'm very proud of you Ashlyn, you worked hard, maybe after a few more lessons you'll be able to get your face wet!





1 comments:
You are a good mom. Those swim classes can be tough!!!
Post a Comment