CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Skirt that Almost Ruined Me!

Happy Valentine's Day!
 Gotta love this expression!  Ashlyn is modeling this adorable pink skirt that I sewed for her myself!  Thanks to some friends of mine, Kate and Mandy, who actually do know how to sew, and invited everyone to make these toole skirts for Valentine's Day.  I consented only because they assured me it was beginner level and if they are willing to organize it, they'll help you through it no matter the pain:)  They really did all the hard work, collecting materials, cutting lots and lots of toole, even measured out our fabric for us!  That's my kind of sewing, plus its always more fun to do these kinds of projects as a group:)

Preston has to make sure he has equal picture time!  Glad I made the skirt, learned a lot, but of course I was the one that kept messing up and have to redo multiple times.  I've learned how useful a seam ripper is, since its a tool I usually have to use when I sew!  Note the date, barely finished one day before Valentines Day, always the last minute at the machine!
I am please with the finished product, so grateful Ashlyn actually wore it, and it was cute when all the little girls at church wore their matching skirts together.  Ashlyn is sometimes irritated by the way her clothing fits, weird things like seams and tags, her clothes have to be just right.  I truly worried as I spent hours and hours sewing, seam ripping, and sewing again that she might not even wear this, I would have probably cried.  Luckily she wore it and didn't complain, she must have sensed the tension and knew what was good for her.  
Thanks to Mandy for embroidering the matching shirt, it makes one adorable outfit:)