CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just when the excitement starts....

"Preston" is already showing us that he is in charge! We went to the doctor Wednesday and he was comfortable with letting us induce delivery this Friday, March 21, because I was dilated to almost 4 cm, only a week away from original due date, and he must have sensed the pitifulness in my face:) It was one of the most painful exams I've had, but apparently it worked and he put me into "labor" because for the rest of the afternoon after leaving the office I started having contractions. By 9:00 pm the contractions were getting stronger and every 3-4 minutes, so after much debating we drove to the hospital around midnight. Well, we sat there all night with constant contractions 3-4 minutes apart; however, I wasn't dilating very much. After 4 hours (still every 3-4 mintues), by 5:00 am we decided to just go home and wait it out then come back if something changed, very frustrating and I was exhausted!
So here we are Thursday morning, no more contractions, a long night and still no baby! I can't believe it. Luckily we are still scheduled for inducing Friday morning I can't hardly wait for this little guy to get out here, especially after last night.

2 comments:

John n Shannon

Good luck on birthing Preston tomorrow! I'm anxious to hear all the news on the bouncing baby boy. By the way, John and I have a blogspot now...check us out! www.jshufford.blogspot.com We are VERY exciting people :D

Miss L

Yay! Best of luck tomorrow. :) I'll be praying that it's an easy delivery!

:) Laurenda